This Site is operated by Every Merchant Network.
Every Merchant Network
PO Box 3234
Cherry Hill, NJ
b) Safe Harbor: Every Merchant Network complies with the EU Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union. As part of our participation in the Safe Harbor, we agree to resolve all disputes you have with us in connection with our policies and practices through TRUSTe. We will also provide initial responses to access requests within a reasonable period of time. To view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Web site.
d) No information from children under age 13: If you are under age 13, please do not attempt to register for an Every Merchant Network account or provide any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
e) Parental participation: We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices. Materials to help parents talk to their children about safe internet use can be found online.
2) Information We Receive
a) Information you provide to us
• Information About Yourself: When you sign up for an account with Every Merchant Network you provide us with your name, email, gender, and birth date. During the registration process we give you the opportunity to invite your friends, schools, and employers. You will also be able to add a picture of yourself. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you. Once you register you can provide other information about yourself by connecting with, for example, your current city, hometown, family, relationships, networks, activities, interests, and places. You can also provide personal information about yourself, such as your political and religious views.
• Content: One of the primary reasons people use an Every Merchant Network site is to share content with others. Examples include when you update your status, upload or record a video, share a link, create an event or a group, make a comment, write something on someone’s profile, write a note, or send someone a message. If you do not want us to store metadata associated with content you share on Every Merchant Network (such as photos), please remove the metadata before uploading the content.
• Transactional Information: We may retain the details of transactions or payments you make on Every Merchant Network. If you do not want us to store your payment source account number, you can remove it using your payments page.
b) Information we collect when you interact with Every Merchant Network
• Site activity information: We keep track of some of the actions you take on Every Merchant Network, such as adding connections (including joining a group or adding a friend), indicating you “like” a post, or attending an event. In some cases you are also taking an action when you provide information or content to us. For example, if you share a video, in addition to storing the actual content you uploaded, we might log the fact that you shared it.
• Access Device and Browser Information: When you access Every Merchant Network from a computer, mobile phone, or other device, we may collect information from that device about your browser type, location, and IP address, as well as the pages you visit.
• Cookie Information: We use "cookies" (small pieces of data we store for an extended period of time on your computer, mobile phone, or other device) to make Every Merchant Network easier to use, to make our advertising better, and to protect both you and Every Merchant Network. For example, we use them to store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to login whenever you come back to Every Merchant Network. We also use them to confirm that you are logged into Every Merchant Network, and to know when you are interacting with Every Merchant Network Platform applications, websites, and our advertisements. You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases that may impact your ability to use Every Merchant Network.
c) Information we receive from third parties:
• Information from other websites: We may institute programs with advertising partners and other websites in which they share information with us:
- We may ask advertisers to tell us how our users responded to the ads we showed them (and for comparison purposes, how other users who didn’t see the ads acted on their site). This data sharing, commonly known as “conversion tracking,” helps us measure our advertising effectiveness and improve the quality of the advertisements you see.
- We may receive information about whether or not you’ve seen or interacted with certain ads on other sites in order to measure the effectiveness of those ads.
- If in any of these cases we receive data that we do not already have, we will “anonymize” it within 180 days, meaning we will stop associating the information with any particular user. If we institute these programs, we will only use the information in the ways we explain in the “How We Use Your Information” section below.
• Information from other users: We may collect information about you from other Every Merchant Network users, such as when a friend provides friend details.
d) Sharing information on Every Merchant Network: This section explains how your privacy settings work, and how your information is shared on Every Merchant Network. You should always consider your privacy settings before sharing information on Every Merchant Network.
• Privacy Settings: You can control who can find you when searching on Every Merchant Network or on public search engines using the websites privacy setting. You can also customize the privacy of recent activity feed, such as posts by yourself or posts by others.
e) Other: Here are some other things to remember:
• The default setting for all information is “Everyone”
• Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users.
• You understand that information might be reshared or copied by other users.
• Certain types of communications that you send to other users cannot be removed, such as messages.
• When you post information on another user’s profile or comment on another user’s post, that information will be subject to the other user’s privacy settings.
• If you use an external source to publish information to Every Merchant Network (such as a mobile application or a Connect site), you should check the privacy setting for that post, as it is set by that external source.
f) “Everyone” Information: Information set to “everyone” is publicly available information, just like your name, profile picture, and connections. Such information may, for example, be accessed by everyone on the Internet (including people not logged into Every Merchant Network), be indexed by third party search engines, and be imported, exported, distributed, and redistributed by us and others without privacy limitations. Such information may also be associated with you, including your name and profile picture, even outside of Every Merchant Network, such as on public search engines and when you visit other sites on the internet. The default privacy setting for certain types of information you post on Every Merchant Network is set to “everyone.” You can review and change the default settings in your privacy settings.
g) Minors: We reserve the right to add special protections for minors (such as to provide them with an age-appropriate experience) and place restrictions on the ability of adults to share and connect with minors, recognizing this may provide minors a more limited experience on Every Merchant Network.
3) Information You Share With Third Parties
a) Advertisements: Sometimes the advertisers who present ads on Every Merchant Network use technological methods to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to personalize advertising content. You may opt-out of the placement of cookies by many of these advertisers. You may also use your browser cookie settings to limit or prevent the placement of cookies by advertising networks. Every Merchant Network does not share personally identifiable information with advertisers unless we get your permission.
b) Links: When you click on links on Every Merchant Network you may leave our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, and we encourage you to read their privacy statements.
4) How We Use Your Information:
We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience. Here are some of the details on how we do that
a) To manage the service: We use the information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, and to provide you with customer support. We use the information to prevent potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. We also use a variety of technological systems to detect and address anomalous activity and screen content to prevent abuse such as spam. These efforts may on occasion result in a temporary or permanent suspension or termination of some functions for some users.
b) To serve personalized advertising to you: We don’t share your information with advertisers without your consent. (An example of consent would be if you asked us to provide your shipping address to an advertiser to receive a free sample.) We allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and we may use any of the non-personally identifiable attributes we have collected (including information you may have decided not to show to other users, such as your birth year or other sensitive personal information or preferences) to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, we might use your interest in soccer to show you ads for soccer equipment, but we do not tell the soccer equipment company who you are. Even though we do not share your information with advertisers without your consent, when you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement there is a possibility that the advertiser may place a cookie in your browser and note that it meets the criteria they selected.
c) To serve social ads: We occasionally pair advertisements we serve with relevant information we have about you and your friends to make advertisements more interesting and more tailored to you and your friends. For example, if you connect with your favorite band’s page, we may display your name and profile photo next to an advertisement for that page that is displayed to your friends. We only share the personally identifiable information visible in the social ad with the friend who can see the ad.
d) Memorializing Accounts: If we are notified that a user is deceased, we may memorialize the user’s account. In such cases we restrict profile access to confirmed friends, and allow friends and family to write on the user’s profile in remembrance. We may close an account if we receive a formal request from the user’s next of kin or other proper legal request to do so.
5) How We Share Information:
Every Merchant Network is about sharing information with others — friends and people in your communities — while providing you with privacy settings that you can use to restrict other users from accessing some of your information. We share your information with third parties when we believe the sharing is permitted by you, reasonably necessary to offer our services, or when legally required to do so. For example:
a) When you make a payment: When you enter into transactions with others or make payments on Every Merchant Network, we will share transaction information with only those third parties necessary to complete the transaction. We will require those third parties to agree to respect the privacy of your information.
b) When you invite a friend to join: When you ask us to invite a friend to join Every Merchant Network, we will send your friend a message on your behalf using your name. We may also send up to two reminders to them in your name. You can see who has accepted your invitations, send reminders, and delete your friends’ email addresses on your invite history page. If your friend does not want us to keep their information, we will also remove it at their request by using this help page.
c) When you choose to share your information with marketers: You may choose to share information with marketers or electronic commerce providers that are not associated with Every Merchant Network through on-site offers. This is entirely at your discretion and we will not provide your information to these marketers without your consent.
d) To give search engines access to publicly available information: We generally limit search engines’ access to our site. We may allow them to access information set to the “everyone” setting (along with your name and profile picture) and your profile information that is visible to everyone. You can change the visibility of some of your profile information using the customize section of your privacy settings. You can also prevent search engines from indexing your profile using the Applications and Websites privacy setting.
e) To help improve or promote our service: Sometimes we share aggregated information with third parties to help improve or promote our service. But we only do so in such a way that no individual user can be identified or linked to any specific action or information.
f) To provide you with services: We may provide information to service providers that help us bring you the services we offer. For example, we may use third parties to help host our website, send out email updates about Every Merchant Network, remove repetitive information from our user lists, process payments, or provide search results or links (including sponsored links). These service providers may have access to your personal information for use for a limited time, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service.
g) To advertise our services: We may ask advertisers outside of Every Merchant Network to display ads promoting our services. We may ask them to deliver those ads based on the presence of a cookie, but in doing so will not share any other information with the advertiser.
h) To respond to legal requests and prevent harm: We may disclose information pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests (including criminal and civil matters) if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law. This may include respecting requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law under the local laws in that jurisdiction, apply to users from that jurisdiction, and are consistent with generally accepted international standards. We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect ourselves and you from people violating our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities.
6) How You Can Change or Remove Information
a) Editing your profile: You may change or remove your profile information at any time by going to your profile page and clicking “Edit My Profile.” Information will be updated immediately.
b) Deleting your account: If you want to stop using your account you may delete it. When you delete your account, no user will be able to see it, you will not be able to reactivate it nor will you be able to recover information from your deleted account.
c) Limitations on removal: Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. However, your name will no longer be associated with that information on Every Merchant Network. We may retain certain information to prevent identity theft and other misconduct even if deletion has been requested. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your information, they may retain your information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies. But they will no longer be able to access the information through our Platform after you disconnect from them.
d) Backup copies: Removed and deleted information may persist in backup copies for up to 90 days, but will not be available to others.
e) Non-user contact information: If a user provides your email address to us, and you are not an Every Merchant Network user but you want us to delete your address, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, that request will only apply to addresses we have at the time of the request and not to any addresses that users provide to us later.
7) How We Protect Information
a) Steps we take to keep your information secure: We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers and passwords), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use automated and social measures to enhance security, such as analyzing account behavior for fraudulent or otherwise anomalous behavior, may limit use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse, may remove inappropriate content or links to illegal content, and may suspend or disable accounts for violations of our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
b) Risks inherent in sharing information: Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on Every Merchant Network will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on Every Merchant Network. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
c) Report Violations: You should report any security violations to us at email@example.com
8) Other Terms
b) Consent to Collection and Processing in the United States: By using Every Merchant Network, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
9) Refund Policy
“Customer” agrees to a pay an annual usage fee, as agreed to at the time of purchase, for usage of EveryMerchant’s online marketing product. This usage fee gives “customer” ongoing usage of and access to the domain name, website, and performance statistics for the year.
Within ten days of purchase “customer” may cancel their product with a full refund. Cancelling their service will result in forfeiture of EveryMerchant’s online marketing product, including but not limited to usage of domain name(s), existing content, and website design as well as the individual pages (of EveryMerchant’s website). All online marketing products created for “customer” will revert back to EveryMerchant’s control and remain as an EveryMerchant asset.